Another tool than a paint brush to paint wooden walls.


I have the whole of the interior of my house to paint. It’s an old house and both ceilings and walls are made of wood planks(horizontal) 4 inches wide. There is 30 (!) of them along each wall. Yes, high ceilings. It’s a nightmare!

I have done only half a kitchen and I’m exhausted already. It took me 4 days to do just this couple of walls (after washing the walls I have to use undercoat/primer I think you are calling it, I’m not a painter and I don’t know the terms for all this). My whole arm is aching and I’m afraid to develop a carpal tunnel syndrome in it. The house is huge (9 rooms in all, including hall and study but excluding bathroom). I really need an alternative to a paint brush to help me paint it all faster. Any ideas how to deal with this problem will be appreciated.

One Response

  1. You have a few options;

    1) The first is use a paint roller. You could brush just the grooves and edges near the floors and ceiling then roll the faces using a 3/8 nap roller. This would be much easier.

    2) Second, use a paint pad. The same amount of brushing as with a roller. Quality and size of the paint pad will be a big factor.

    3) Or use a paint sprayer. An airless sprayer would be the fastest and much easier.

    I would use a paint roller. The paint can be worked for a very fine stipple that would be more pleasing than brush marks. Plus it is a bit faster than a paint pad.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

House painting Search


Trending posts

No posts found


Don’t miss our future updates! Get Subscribed Today!