Wrong type of paint?


When I purchased my house, the interior doors and trim had been painted, then repainted. I believe the first paint job was with oil-based paint, and the second was water-based paint but I’m not sure. What I do know is that the top layer of paint is peeling everywhere and has a stretchy quality to it. What I need to know is, what is the best way to remove this stretchy layer so I can paint the doors and trim a new color? Do I even need to remove it, or can I just sand it and paint over it? What type of paint do I need to use this time?

One Response

  1. Just sand lightly to a firm edge where it is peeling, then prime all surfaces with Pigmented Shellac Sealer Primer, then top coat with Sherwin Williams Classic-99 Acrylic (flat, satin or gloss as required)…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

House painting Search

Trending posts

No posts found


Don’t miss our future updates! Get Subscribed Today!