Painting over vertical stripe treatment?


The home I bought has a vertical stripe treatment on the wall. The stripes are about 12″ apart. Every other stripe has what looks like a glaze or maybe just a gloss finish. The tape lines left a vertical line or “bump”. When I paint over it with my color, the vertical bumps/lines show. What to do? Thanks

2 Responses

  1. Spackle or drywall mud applied and sanded as mentioned. Another option is applying a texture, depends on the overall look your after and the amount of work you are willing to do.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

House painting Search

Trending posts

No posts found


Don’t miss our future updates! Get Subscribed Today!